‹ Back to careers
Sales Engineer (New York City)
The Sales Engineer plays a pivotal role in the selling process. As a product-driven company, Catalytic leads and differentiates through actual product. In a buzz-filled industry, prospects often struggle separating actual capabilities from hyperbole and vaporware, service-providers or custom development masquerading as product, and how one product differs from another. The Sales Engineer helps the prospect to navigate through those product-oriented questions, bringing to life the power of the Catalytic platform in a way that is meaningful and relevant to the customer.
• Become a platform expert by learning the product capabilities through regularly engaging with engineering, and implementation resources
• Understand common large company technology environments, including common enterprise system issues such as authentication, integrations, firewalls
• Support the sales team with delivering packaged demos, developing custom demos, responding to technical questions, developing business case, and responding to RFPs
• Support implementation by scoping new projects, providing high-level solution architecture, and aiding the implementation team in smooth handoff
• Work with product and engineering to identify opportunities for improving the product based on sales feedback and competitive intelligence
• Fast learner, structured thinker, and problem solver
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage workload and activities in a rapidly moving, changing startup environment
• Relevant experience in client-facing technical roles
• Conversant with and able to translate between a technical and business audience
• Working knowledge of:
-Common enterprise software such as SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Workday
-Common workflow and automation concepts such as BPM, RPA, iPaaS
-Common technical concepts such as APIs, hybrid cloud, authentication
-Common AI concepts such as machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision
• 3-5 years of experience in technical consulting or software engineering
Catalytic was founded in 2015 by successful entrepreneurs with backing from top venture capital firms. Our mission is to dramatically improve our customer’s operations by elevating people through technology, freeing them to focus on more meaningful work. Our platform transforms recurring business processes by streamlining people activities and leveraging bots and AI to automate low-value tasks.
About the Catalytic Team
We’re tackling deep-rooted and tough business problems; and we need a committed and passionate team to build the right solution. We’re looking for people who are voracious learners, courageous risk-takers, pragmatic perfectionists, and self-directed team players. If this is you, please join us and help make this happen!
We know that the best people in the industry have a lot of choices. At Catalytic, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with some of the most accomplished professionals and technologists around. We’re a team that respects each other. We embrace discussion and disagreement. We back each other - always. We wholeheartedly support a life outside of work and believe we give our best when recharged and feeling good about what we do. That’s why we have full healthcare coverage, 401k, commuter benefits, a family friendly environment and take real vacations.
At Catalytic, we are committed to our people, which incorporates diversity and equality.